Friday, October 30, 2009

Thank you mom

So last night I came home from work. I was rushing around trying to get dinner and get ready because I was going to weight watchers. I finished making dinner and sat hot dogs and oranges down in front of my kids. In my mind I was feeling like a bad mom. I was not having a good day and was feeling a bit guilty about dinner not being more extravagent and healthy. As I walked away Elizabeth said, "Thank you mommy for making dinner. You made very good hot dogs and oranges." My heart melted and in that one instant a comment from my two year old reminded me that I am doing my best and it really was good enough for that moment.

2 comments:

Burkulater said...

The funny thing is, they love stuff like hot dogs and oranges a lot more than chicken piccata! You have to have a couple ez meals or you'd go insane in the kitchen by the end of the week! I always keep a couple in the freezer on hand...of course, those $5 pizzas are a lifesaver!

Margie said...

so sweet! who doesn't love hot dogs and oranges!