Monday, November 29, 2010

Bedroom Humor


So at 5:00 this morning Todd's alarm started ringing. I was half awake because I had just gotten up with a child with a tummy ache. I had just settled in and was nice and warm on the edge of sleep when I heard the ring (Well, vibration so as not to wake the kids) of his phone alarm.

It rang and he quickly turned it off. I sank back into to my sleep and five minutes later heard the ring again. The third time it happened I shook him and the following interchange occurred.

Me: "Do you need to be up at 5:00 am or can we shut that thing off?"

Todd: "I really don't need to be up until 6."

Me: "If your alarm continues to go off until 6 I will strangle you."

Todd: "Ok"

He then crawls out of our warm bed at 5:15 and goes out into the cold.

I have an awesome husband. Every single morning he gets up before the rest of us and braves the cold, rain, or whatever is going on outside to go to work. He works hard and never complains. He does hard labor on most days and alot of days he works in freezing cold. Isn't he great?

And despite my threats to strangle him I really do love him. Just not if he wakes me up.

Thanks babe for working so hard and taking care of us. You are a good man!

4 comments:

Todd said...

Thanks babe I really appreciate it. I know you won't really strangle me, you couldn't handle prison.

Wally Harrison said...

The first thing I learned in our marriage was HOW to wake Sarah and how NOT to wake her. Important, so as not to have strangling.

Momma said...

Nice Wally! Taht is soo important. I am sure much more so now that there is a lot of sleep deprivation going on. LOL

Unknown said...

:)

my husband is a Snooze-Button-Addict. I am usually too tired to strangle him.

you have a fun-to-read blog! It always makes me smile