Thursday, September 8, 2011

Waiting Game


August 31st, 2011. This is our official wait date. This means on that date we were added to the waiting list for our agency. We are being told that our soonest time we should expect a referral is June of 2013. Ugghhh. It seems so far away. But I know that our God has a perfect timing.
Here are some random thoughts of mine.


* God is faithful and could provide a referral sooner than that if he so chooses.


* God is faithful and if we wait two years or even more he will sustain and provide for us during our wait time.


* God has lead us every step of the way up to this point and I am not certain where this road leads but this is the path He has lead our family on. And He is faithful.


* I cannot wait to see my little guys face for the first time.


* I have plenty to do in the waiting time. Homeschooling, mothering, working, being a wife. I will be keeping busy. But my heart still has a little piece that is missing our baby boy.


*This week I have felt incredibly grateful that God has chosen our family to be entrusted with this task of adopting. This has been an incredibly hard journey and we have only just begun. But I have known God's provision, presence, and peace more throughout these past months than at any point in my life. And I can tell you with certainty that my God is faithful.


I am so filled with joy and gratitude to be able to say we are now officially paper pregnant!

No comments: