Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Plague and too much to do

So our family has been infected with the plague. Last week I started feeling a little sick. Sore throat, head ache. Saturday night I felt awful. The girls had sinus infections and we were supposed to go on Sunday to an indoor water park with some very good friends. We decided to tough it out and went anyway. I felt OK Sunday. We got there late because I did not pack anything until Sunday morning. Sunday night we all went to bed and I woke up about 2:00 am feeling sick to my stomach. Needless to say the next 4 hours were a blur of kneeling on the bathroom floor, laying in the bathtub, laying in bed, laying in the other bed because now this one was dirty. (There is one good thing about getting sick in a hotel, you don't have to clean up.) Finally I was able to get some sleep and slept until about 9:00 when the kids woke up. We went home early and Todd started getting sick. My brother and Heather were sick as well. We stayed with my parents on Monday night because we both were too sick to take care of the kids. Lizzie was OK until lunch time today. She was eating her mac and cheese and I went upstairs to grab something and when I came back she said, "mommy, clean up." I am not sure if she really got sick or if she simply had a lot of mucus and coughed it up. She was coughing a lot and said her throat hurt.
Anyway, life feels hectic, but when does it not. Christmas is 8 days away and I love every minute of it, but I feel overwhelmed. We have a lot left to do and very little time. We opted to not send out Christmas cards this year. I am sad because I love that part, but with so much too do we had to pick and choose and there are other things that must be done. But for those of you who would receive a card from us and will not this year, Merry Christmas! We will be doing some of my favorite traditions, baking cookies and we will start a new one this year. We are going to do a Jesus birthday party with Lizzie. It is kind of corny, but we want to remember why we celebrate. We want to bake a cake and Todd will lead us by guitar singing Christmas carols. We were supposed to do this with friends last night, but being the house of plague I am afraid we will have to do it sometime this week by ourselves.

1 comment:

Burkulater said...

Awe, I can totally relate. I don't think we've had a Christmas with kids when everyone is well! I hope you all feel better soon! I'm glad I found you!