Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankfulness

Even though thanksgiving has passed I wanted to share some things I am truly thankful for.

I am utterly grateful for my husband. He works incredibly hard to support our family. He is extraordinary as a father. Our girls adore him and light up when he is around. He is such a source of encouragement to me. He consistantly tells me he thinks I am a great mother and he is always complimenting me. He is like a shelter to me. He protects me and points me to Jesus. He is my friend, love and joy.

I am so thankful for my Lizzie. She is a light in my life. Her big smile filled with dimples and her crazy, beautiful, curly hair always make me smile. She laughs so hard and so often. She is caring and has such a soft heart. She cries when I cry or when her sister does. Her heart breaks when those she loves are upset. She loves life. She loves adventures and trying new things. She is brave and strong and so beautiful.

I am falling more in love with Claire every day. She is in such a fun stage. She has started babbling. She likes to coo and smile and even lets out huge belly laughs. She is so chubby right and I adore her big fat thighs. She is my little Roley-poly. She is so sweet and she longs to cuddle with me. There are times she is fussy and the moment I pick her up she relaxes as if to say, "ahh, that is what I needed." She is precious.

I am so thankful for my family. My mom who supports and encourages me all the time. She is constantly helping me with the girls and they adore her. My dad, who genuinely lights up when me or the girls come in a room. He really does love us so much and always makes sure we have every thing we need. My brother, who has grown into a man, a man with a big heart that melts for his two nieces. Heather, who loves my girls and will stop whatever she is doing to play with Lizzie or hold Claire.

I am thankful for my friends. I have so many. friends who I can call while they are working and they will talk with me simply because I am having a bad day. Friends who will go with me to Walmart just because I need someone to talk to. Friends who will watch my girls just so I can go to the grocery store in peace. I am very blessed by them. Sheena, Kathy, Nicole. I am blessed to have so many. I am blessed to have such genuine friends.

I am thankful that we have a warm house. Vehicles that run (mostly). Food in our fridge. Work to provide money. Healthy kids and health for ourselves.

I am thankful for Jesus. I am thankful that he saved me 11 years ago. That since then he has kept me close to him. He consistantly draws me back to himself with his loving kindness. I am so thankful that he would save a sinner like me. I am thankful that he died on the cross and rose from the dead and wants to make me pure. I am not good. I am not righteouss. I cannot earn his love. I will never obey him enough and yet he loves me. I am so grateful that I can live my life knowing that truth. Jesus, I am thankful for you. Thank you for blessing me with the gift of a new life in you. Thank you for living with me day after day and drawing me back to you. Thank you for holding me in the tough times and thank you for the many many good things in my life. Thank you for wanting me even though I am not anything. Thank you for your blood that was shed and for washing my sins away. Thank you for the many blessings you have given me. Thank you for blessing me with the gift of your prescence. Thank you.

2 comments:

Margie said...

great post!

I love your mom too!! And JESUS!!

KayMac said...

I am thankful for you and your family!!