Saturday, January 3, 2009

Favorite Moments

So considering my last very downer post, I wanted to share some favorite moments from this week. Not in any particuliar order.

#1 Watching Lizzie make Claire crack up. Claire has recently started the huge belly laughs and just loves to do it whenever her sister does anything remotely funny. My favorite times are when Lizzie is in her face saying crazy things like, blah, ahhh, gahh and Claire laughs so hard and says Ahhh right back. It is like they are speaking a secret language. Love it.

#2 My very sick toddler was laying on the couch watching Elmo and I went upstairs to change from my pjs because my mom was coming over so I could run to the store to get something that the doc said would help her. I was rushing and threw on bright aqua sweats and a grey t-shirt and threw my messy, had not been washed in days, hair in a poiny tail. I went downstairs and Lizzie said, "Mommy, pretty." Love it.

#3 My husband and I went to bed after a very late night of Claire being up several times already and it was only midnight. We were not fighting, but definitly bickering and both of us were just too tired to work it all out. And at 3:00 am I got up to feed Claire. At 4 am I crawled back in bed and my hubby cuddled to me. Sometimes that is just the best. I knew we were all right and that he still loved me and I still loved him. Love it.

#4 One of my very best friends from high school was in town and we were able to go to dinner together. Chelsie is one of those friends that I do not get to see very often, but whenever we are together we just talk and talk and share life as if we have never been apart. I love spending time with her and praying together. She encourages me so much. Love it.

#5 New years eve, my brother Jeff and his girlfriend, Heather came over and we played a board game. It was so much fun to laugh with them. My brother generally has a way of making me crack up. And I enjoy seeing them both so much. Love it.

#6 My good friend, Nicole called me later than she normally does one evening and I answered right away because I thought something may be wrong. Nothing was. She simply called to share good news with me. We sat on the phone for a while and had so much fun talking. Todd was in the other room and when I got off he said, What were you two giggling about? I love having friends like her that I can giggle with. Love it.

#7 My best friend, Sheena came by this morning to bring balloons, flowers and presents to Lizzie all to help her get better. I love having friends who care about my kids! Love it.

In general my life is very blessed and I do love it.

1 comment:

KayMac said...

totally sweet list!!!