Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dear Michaels

Dear Michaels-
I am not really angry at you. Just a bit agitated that today of all days I was serviced by the one person in your store who follows rules and would not allow me to use my two 40% off coupons at the same time. I was buying two of the exact same items. Two large sheet cake pans. The 40% off coupon would allow me to save about $9.00. I really wanted to buy both of those cake pans today. This would save me a lot of energy and prevent me from having to drag my two children back into your store on a whole other day. You see we have a lot of very important summer activities we need to be doing. Like swimming and playing and anything other than taking two kids under three into your store. I was even willing to have two separate orders, so it would seem like I was two different customers. But no. Today, of all days, the person who waited on me decided it was very important to follow the rules. More important than making me drag my children back into your store on another day. So if on the day that we return one of my children happens to break something I will not be held responsible.

Sincerely,
Return customer

(Ok, so I really would not allow my children to break something. I do try to reign then in when we are out in public. And I am not really angry. But just irked because I have seen cashiers bend the rules for customers and I was just hoping I would get one of those cashiers today. But alas I did not. God is probably trying to teach me something. Like maybe we should follow rules. Or maybe, I just needed a good laugh. I like that one better. )

4 comments:

Burkulater said...

I would have went right back through that line! Also, just so you know, you can rent all kinds of different cake pans from Margies on West Rd. in Trenton for $1. I do it all the time for the kids' birthdays!

Momma said...

I so wanted to go back through the line. Maybe I would have if I would have been in less of a hurry. But no matter. :) And thanks for the tidbit about Margies. I totally love it. I have done it as well for kids b-days. Cheap and great! I wanted to own a few essential pans though because I have been making a lot more cakes lately. And a sheet size cake pan is pretty generic. Ohhh well. I felt better after venting!

Margie said...

you should have walked out, and then back in again.

Burkulater said...

It's actually hard to walk back through, especially when you're with the kids. How frustrating! It's nice to own...I bought some 9" pans a few months back and it was totally worth it. I'm not sure how I went 7 years without them!