Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Restless


My soul is restless. Now that we have the money to begin the adoption I just want to have him home. I have bittersweet feelings. My best friend is pregnant and while talking the other day she and Heather figure out that our baby and hers will probably be pretty close in age. This made me smile and made me sad. I smile because it will be fun to share a child of the same age with her again. My three year old is only a few months younger than her child. And it will be neat to watch them play together. But I was also sad. Sad because I thought about the ramifications. My best friend is enjoying her pregnancy and growing this baby. Somewhere in a country far away a woman is pregnant. She is carrying a child. She is probably filled with joy and anxiousness and all the other feelings a pregnant momma has. But she will not get to be his momma. She will not get to see him take his first steps or say his first word. She will not teach him to read or write or hold him close when he wakes with a bad dream. And although I will never meet her or speak with her our hearts are knit together. She and I will share a love for a little baby boy. A love that only her and I will ever understand. And somehow I wish it did not have to be this way. But I will be so grateful and so happy to be his mommy. And I will never forget the feelings that I have when thinking about her loss and the loss that our little boy will suffer. It is heartbreaking. So my soul continues to be restless. Restless and hurting and longing for the day when I can finally see his face and hold him in my arms. My only comfort comes in knowing that long ago God prepared us to be his family. He prepared us to be there when she could not. And I find my only peace in knowing this is what he has planned for our family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
That was beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes! I am so very proud of you and Todd for what your doing! God has given you and Todd an adventure. Your voyage will be rough at times but your destination will be amazing! There is nothing like the love of a mother for her children! You are and have ALWAYS been beautiful! You are a wonderful mother to the girls! It is Gods wish that you become this little boys mommy too! I love you very much Jessica! Aunt Becky

Katie D. said...

You're little boy will be so content with the family he is going to have. The loss he faces is harder for you to grasp than him, I promise! He'll have questions and you may have a period where trials will arise but in the end his security and sense of family will come from you and Todd! You'll be great parents and he'll want nothing more!

Margie said...

THank you for sharing your hearts, I've been praying to prepare ALL your hearts