Thursday, September 2, 2010

Updates And Adoption


It has been almost a month since my last post. Crazy how quickly time flies. I have not been posting for a few reasons.


1. We had Claire's birthday party. And as much as I try to keep things simple I tend to be a perfectionist and stress about the tiniest little details. And because I absolutely love baking, I try to always make my kids some really fun birthday cake. Claire's cake was totally fun, but it probably took some years off my life with the amount of time that I spent stressing over it. It turned out great, but it was time consuming.
And I think I tend to worry too much about what my house looks like and how clean something is, so I spent a lot of time in the weeks prior deep cleaning everything.

(On a side note totally random thought, one of my dearest friends came over to watch the kiddos for me so I could suprise Todd with a random afternoon date and I totally stressed about my house being clean. Well, I ran all around that afternoon trying to clean up the morning madness and in my haste threw all the morning dirty clothes down the basement steps. The basement looked horrid, but I reasoned that there was no reason for her to see it, so I need not worry about it. Our basement is not finished and I avoid it at all costs. Now, it just so happened that on that afternoon a tornado hit our area and when we came home guess where my lovely friend and our kiddos were? The basement. I was totally humbled and she had to laugh and tell me she was totally thinking how my house could be so perfect and then she saw the basement and it evened out. Gotta love those moments.)


2. We had a great week long vacation. It was totally rejuvenating and so wonderful. We visited some great friends and spent a lot of family time. More too come about our trip later.



3. We all experienced a yucky midsummer flu bug. And some of us got it more than once. It was not pretty and not fun. No more details needed.



4. We have decided we are adopting.
We have thrown the idea around for some time, but after praying and talking Todd and I have decided to move in that direction. We are only in the beginning stages, but most likely we will be adopting from Ethiopia. One of my dearest friends, Kathy, offered to help us do a garage sale to raise funds for the adoption. So in the past week I have been super busy with trying answer questions and arrange for people to drop off their donated items. I am already super blown away by the generosity of our friends and family. I will definitely be blogging more about this in the months ahead. And will be planning to blog a little more frequently this month.


That is the short version for now. More to come.

6 comments:

Burkulater said...

This is exciting news!

felicia said...

all of your hardwork for claire's bday was worth it! the cake looked awesome and was super yummy. and i can not wait to get a new nephew!

Heather said...

Oh I see, I don't get a personal shout out for helping you clean and prepare for Claire's party?! JK! I would do it over and over again :)

And I'm SUPER excited to meet my future nephew!!! :)

Margie said...

so exciting and the cake is AWESOME!

LLandgraff said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, and for the exciting news of your upcoming adoption! I will see if there are things we can contribute for your garage sale... when is it happening? xo Lindsay Henry

Lauren said...

Yay! Congrats on the adoption. It'll be fun to have another Ethiopian around :)