Monday, February 22, 2010

Conversation

The following is a slightly exaggerated version of real conversation that takes place in our home almost every morning.

Elizabeth: I want to wear a pretty dress.

Me: We will see. I have not picked out clothes yet. Let's have breakfast first.

Elizabeth: I want oatmeal with dinosaur eggs.

Me: Ok.

Elizabeth: I need some milk.

Me: Working on it.

Elizabeth: I need my vitamin.

Me: Still working on milk.

Elizabeth: Claire needs a vitamin too.

Me: Hunny. I am doing my best.

Elizabeth: Can we say our verse?

Me: After breakfast.

Elizabeth: Mom, Claire is standing up.

ELizabeth: I have to go potty. I need you to help me.

Me: Ok.

Me: Now finish breakfast.

Elizabeth: Mom, why don't you sit next to me and eat breakfast?

Elizabeth: Mom, Claire is done.

Me: Are you kidding?

2 comments:

Margie said...

oh my! you need a vitamin to keep up with all that! too cute!

Anonymous said...

jessie baby that was the sweetest thing i have heard in a very long time. your girls make me smile. i love to hear all of the small stuff they do on a day to day base. keep in the back of your head it is hard now but one day you will miss is. love you and miss you all. aunt annie