Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mirror

I have to admit that sometimes I cringe when I see my children mimic me. There are those moments when they do things that my heart just breaks. One such moment happened the other day. Elizabeth was struggling so hard to accomplish something (I cannot remember what). She got frustrated and screamed and threw it down. I would like to say I have never done that. But sadly when she did it I saw myself. It is easy to forget, when the computer is not working or when I can't open something, that little eyes are watching. Sometimes I scream aghhhh in frustration and throw it. Those moments are the worst.

She does mimic good things. When I see her gently hold her baby doll and say, "Its ok momma is here, baby." or apologize to her sister without encouragement. Those moments give me hope. They give me hope that despite my many flaws and failures my children can learn good from me. My ultimate hope and the one that gives me comfort is that they will be introduced to the one they can mirror and I will never have to cringe. I hope that I can point them to Jesus and they can see the one who will never let them down.

1 comment:

Burkulater said...

Ah, can relate, yet again.

Kevin can too!

When Elana started saying, "Mama, you're so sheshee" (sexy) at 16 months, he finally got why I told him NOT to say that around her!!!