Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Sweetheart

So yesterday morning as Todd was walking out to go to work I asked if he would bring Claire into our room. She was awake and I did not hear Elizabeth yet, so I was hoping for a couple more minutes in bed. She quickly grew tired of laying with me, so I asked her if she wanted to go wake up her sister. This is an exciting thing for her. On the rare occasions that she is awake before her sister she loves going in to get her up. She can even open the door on her own. (This does not work out so well on mornings when I am trying to keep her in bed longer, but anyway.) She excitedly went in and I heard their conversation.

Elizabeth: Hi, good morning sweetheart. Let's go wake up mommy. (Not sure how she thought Claire got out of her crib with me still in bed.)

As they came in the room I hid under the covers and pretended to be asleep. When they came in Elizabeth said, "Hi mom, my little sweetheart did come and wake me up."

I thought that was the cutest thing ever. I was expecting her to say, "my little sister." But what she said was way more cute and memorable.

No comments: